Friday 4 April 2014

Polish Countryside

Another agricultural landscape. I felt really relaxed and in the zone creating this painting. I also had a 'time limit' in mind - approx 20-30 minutes. I think this painting took just over 20 minutes. This is my favourite painting I have done to date. It has even had critical acclaim from a professional landscape photographer, the comments being: "Nice! Great light in this!". Really chuffed with that! The palette, as usual is limited the main colours being Ultramarine Blue, Raw Sienna, Lemon Yellow and Payne's Grey. The brush used was a medium hake, as usual the thin grasses put in with a rigger. I will be framing this painting soon and I will post a photo of it framed and hanging, soon. I do tend to give away a lot of my paintings as I think they make good presents but this painting I have to keep!



'Polish Countryside' 14" x 10" Watercolour.





Reference photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment