Tuesday 22 April 2014

Woodbury Castle #1 - A freeform improvised painting

Tonight I fancied painting some trees from photos I took last weekend at Woodbury Castle in Devon, UK. You can see the full set of photos here:

http://ianinglisphotos.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/woodbury-castle.html

I used one of these photos for general reference. The top half of the painting was copied from one of the photos and the further down the painting I went, the less I used the photo. In fact most of the bottom half is from imagination (using the photos for just a bit of inspiration really). The painting is a bit messy but that's okay. I learnt a lot from doing this painting and will do a whole set of Woodbury Castle paintings, learning from the previous attempts... looking forward to it :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment